Meet with healthcare professionals from the area who share a passion for infection prevention.
Learn from experts and peers. Chapter meetings are packed with educational presentations on relevant and timely topics.
APIC Chapter 073 News
Abstract Writing Days - August 26 and September 10 at BLI
Kate Gase will give assistance on how to turn ideas and work done into abstracts!
Chapter Meeting August 20, 2015
9:00 AM BJC Learning Institute 2nd Floor, Rm. J/K Jennifer Hardester will discuss "Legal Implications of HAI's".
Continental breakfast generously sponsored by Leslie Schuh with Theraworx.
From Our Sister Chapter Across the State ......
The Greater Kansas City APIC Chapter would like to invite you all to our annual APIC Chapter conference this coming October 23. The title of the conference is: Infection Prevention: Rapid & Radical Response.
1. Identify 3 ways Infection Prevention across the continuum can impact value-based purchasing reimbursement.
2. Describe 3 emerging diseases and the impact of Infection Prevention across the continuum.
3. Describe process to effect change in your organization.
4. Identify the process to complete an Infection Control Risk Assessment.
5. Identify 3 CMS standards with opportunity forimprovement in your facility.
6. Discover at least 5 resources through networking to incorporate into practice.
Link to Save the Date: http://community.apic.org/greaterkansascity/home
What would you like to see presented at APIC Chapter Meetings? Fill out a needs assessment to let us know: Chapter Educational Needs Assessments
From Chapter President, Patti Kieffer:
The 2015 APIC Board is pleased to announce that Megan Campise, IP at SSM DePaul Health Center has won the scholarship award to attend the 2015 National APIC Conference. Megan graciously accepted her award. In August, during our local chapter meeting, Megan will share with some of the exciting information she learned.
We had several really great essay applications. Thanks to all who participated in the process. I wish we could send you all!!